Anxiety on a small level can be a normal reaction to life’s many stressors. However, sometimes you may experience heightened stressors that may cause you to feel overwhelmed in a way that affects your daily life and can also lead to anxiety attacks. Common symptoms of anxiety range from feeling nervous, anxious, on edge, not being able to stop or control worrying, restless, trouble relaxing, becoming easily annoyed or irritable, and feeling afraid as if something awful might happen. I will help you towards identifying anxiety triggers and together we can alleviate symptoms by learning coping skills.
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy - as opposed to anxiety medication - treats more than just symptoms of the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas; a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past; a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.